To request an application please call (218) 751-4631 or download the application. Spanish and Large Print applications are available upon request.
Mail your completed application, along with income verification and current utility bills to:
BI-CAP, ATTN: Energy Assistance Program,
P.O. Box 579, Bemidji, MN 56619
You can also drop off your application at your BI-CAP Office in Bemidji or Walker. Please remember that our new Bemidji office location is 6603 Bemidji Avenue North.
Eligibility guidelines change yearly. The following are income guidelines for the 2012-2013 program year. The Current program year runs from Oct. 1st, 2012 through May 31st, 2013. Applications will be available through May 31st 2013.
The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) helps income eligible households with paying a portion of their home heating costs.
- Households who are at or below 50 percent of the state median income are eligible
- Size of grant is based on household size, income, fuel type and energy usage
- Federally funded through U.S Department of Human Services
- Funds are available for renters or homeowners
- Grants are sent directly to energy vendors
- Consumer education on using home heating energy efficiently and safely
- Advocate with energy suppliers and human service providers on behalf of consumers
- Crisis help for utility disconnections or necessary fuel deliveries
- Emergency heating system repair or replacement
State of Minnesota Department of Energy – www.energy.mn.gov