BI-CAP Head Start: Prenatal to Five
Head Start is a school readiness program which helps families provide the best possible opportunities for their children in preparation for Kindergarten. Programs work with families to make connections in the communities they live, support needs and set goals.
We also offer:
- Quality early childhood education both in and out of the home.
- Assistance for families in keeping children up to date with health, dental and nutrition needs.
- Educational opportunities for families.
- Referrals and support services for families.
- Support & services for children with special needs.
- Mental Health support services for children, families & staff.
- Parent leadership & volunteer opportunities.
How do I qualify for the Head Start program?
Families at or below the Federal Income Guidelines are given priority, but all families are encouraged to apply. Information regarding Federal Income Guidelines can be found here.
What program options are available for my child?
Early Head Start Home Based: Prenatal to 3 Years of age
Program includes weekly home visits and play groups twice monthly, year-round. Available in Blackduck, Bemidji, Backus and Walker.
Early Head Start Center Based: 16 months to 3 years of age
Program includes two home visits and two conferences per year. Four full days per week of classroom experience with year-round classes. Available in Blackduck and Bemidji.
Head Start Combination: 3 years to 5 years of age
Program includes a combination of classroom days and home visits September-May. Available in Pine River and Pillager.
Head Start Center Based: 3 years to 5 years of age
Program includes two home visits and two conferences per year. Four full days of classroom experience per week from September to May. Available in Kelliher, Blackduck, Bemidji, Walker and Backus.
Follow us on Facebook for agency updates, community events and job postings.